Terms & Conditions
ThemeParks.com.au is owned and operated by Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd (ABN 60 010 919 623), ("VRTP").
This document contains the terms and conditions governing your use of this website and any order or purchase of a product, ticket or booking ("Product") made via this website ("Terms and Conditions"). By using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Who may use this site
Children under the age of 16 may not purchase any Product on this website. If you are under the age of 16 and would like to purchase a Product from this website, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance.
Access and Use
You must not use this website in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
VRTP, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to refuse any order you place to purchase a Product, competition entry or booking or to deny access to this website for any conduct it believes may breach these Terms and Conditions or any law.
The availability of rides, shows and attractions shown or referred to on this website is subject to change, delay, cancellation or closure due to inclement weather, preventative maintenance, refurbishment or other operational requirements.
Competitions may be subject to individual terms and conditions available at the time of entry.
Employees of VRTP and its related bodies corporate, including immediate family members, may become members of ThemeParks.com.au but cannot enter any competitions promoted on the ThemeParks.com.au website.
The information on this website is only intended to be of a general nature and may change at any time without notice - detailed particulars can be obtained by contacting the relevant theme park directly or by telephoning 133 386.
Product Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you view the relevant terms and conditions for purchase and use of any Product before selecting these products for purchase. All tickets purchased online are non-refundable and not exchangeable (unless required by law). All tickets purchased through themeparks.com.au are not for resale.
View full Terms and Conditions of Online Purchase
Tickets can only be purchased through this web site by using a credit card. Your credit card will be debited at the time of ordering. Ticket prices are inclusive of GST.
The VRTP ticketing module uses state of the art encryption technology for transferring credit card data. The encryption technology used for this transfer is of the same calibre as the Australian Bank clearing system. In the unlikely event that you believe any unauthorised use of your credit card has occurred, please immediately notify us by email and contact your bank through your usual communication method.
Limitation of Liability
Any representation, warranty, condition or undertaking that would be implied in these Terms and Conditions by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which may be conferred by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, VRTP's liability for a breach of a non excludable condition or warranty is limited, at VRTP's option, to:
- in the case of goods, any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Indemnity & Release
You agree to indemnify VRTP for any loss or damage that it may suffer or for any costs it may incur in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. You further agree to release VRTP from any claim, loss or damage incurred as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of this website, such as graphics, logos, information, text, video clips, material, software or advertisements ("Content") is owned by VRTP unless stated otherwise and protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark law.
Without the express permission of VRTP, the Content must not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, framed, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way except as expressly provided on this website.
You may, however, download, store in cache, display, print and copy material in a complete and unaltered form for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you:
- keep intact all copyright and trademark notices (set out below); &
- do not use the material in any manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands.
Provided the above conditions are followed, you may use the material on this website for the purposes of research or study, provided your use is fair. It is deemed fair to reproduce no more than 10% of the number of words on this website and to only use the material for class use or assessment.
View the Trademarks and Copyright
page for more information.
VRTP may vary these terms and conditions at any time. Any variations become effective upon posting. By continuing to use this website following a variation of the terms and conditions, you consent to be bound by the varied terms and conditions.
Third Party Links
This website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to web sites operated by third parties ("Hyperlinked Websites"). Unless otherwise stated at those websites, those websites are not controlled by VRTP. By using those links, you acknowledge and agree that:
- VRTP is not responsible for the contents of any Hyperlinked Websites or any hyperlink contained in a Hyperlinked Website.
- VRTP provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the Hyperlinked Website by VRTP, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, corporate partners or licensors.
- You access such Hyperlinked Websites entirely at your own risk.
The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. By using this site, you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Queensland.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR THE "VIP MAGIC PASS SHAZAM PROMOTION" (PROMOTION)
- Information on how to enter and prize information form part of these conditions of entry (Conditions of Entry).
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The promoter is Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd (ABN 60 010 919 623) of Pacific Motorway, Oxenford, Gold Coast, Queensland 4210 (Promoter).
- The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter's decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to an entrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
- All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry even if the Promoter only learns of a person's ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return of the prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of these Conditions of Entry and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promotion will commence at 00:01 AEST on 17/05/2015 and conclude at 23:59 AEST on 30/06/2015 (Promotion Period), or when all prizes have been won, whichever occurs first.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Entry in the Promotion is only open to residents of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria and who have their parent/guardian's permission to participate in the Promotion if under the age of 18, excluding:
(Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 8(b) of these Conditions of Entry includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter). The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including suppliers of the prizes);
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 8(a) of these Conditions of Entry;
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter,
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, activate their Shazam App when watching a commercial which includes the new Financial Year 16 VIP Magic Pass.
- Eligible Entrants will be required to complete the Online Entry Form by entering their full name, email address, mobile phone number and postcode and agreeing to receive information from Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd and related brands eg Wet'n'Wild Sydney.
- Following completion of the Online Entry Form, Eligible Entrants will be directed to a page that either advises them they have won a single VIP Magic Pass, or that they were unsuccessful.
- Eligible entrants may only win one prize.
ONLINE ENTRY FORM
- Entrants can only enter the Promotion in their own name.
- Eligible Entrants must use a compatible internet browser to access the Promotion Website. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion Website are the entrant's responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Eligible Entrants must submit their entries and/or claims manually using an internet browser.
- The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the Promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render entries submitted using such means as invalid.
- Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or incorrect entries or claims are not eligible to win.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter's database, not the time of transmission by the entrant.
- If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter at its absolute discretion appropriate photo identification or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to enter the Promotion and claim a prize (if won) and compliance with these Conditions of Entry.
- If the items required by the Promoter are not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the entry(s) and/or claim(s) submitted by the Eligible Entrant will be deemed invalid. A prize will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its satisfaction. In the event that an Eligible Entrant cannot provide suitable validation or verification, the Eligible Entrant will forfeit their prize and no substitute will be offered.
- Prizes available are as follows –
Prize: VIP Magic Pass
Value – RRP (including GST): $99.99
Quantity to be Won: 80
Details: Valid for unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast until 30 June 2016. Please also refer to the "GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS".
- The total value of Prizes available to be won in the Promotion is up to $7999.20 RRP (including GST).
GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS>
- All costs associated or arising in connection with a prize are the responsibility of the respective prize winner.
- Prizes cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If a prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
- Where any prize is won by a person under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian on the winner's behalf.
- The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The prizes must be taken as offered and may not be varied.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for the prizes being lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before they reach the winners or after they have been released to the winners.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes from the time of printing Promotion materials.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of a prize.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- Eligible Entrants who are randomly selected as a winner will be contacted in writing via the email address provided by 10 July 2015. They will be required to provide their postal address where the VIP Magic Pass will then be sent with-in 10 business days of provision of postal address.
- If a winner does not respond to attempted emails by 23:59 AEST on 15/07/2015 they will forfeit their prize.
RE-DRAW (IF ANY)
- If a Prize is undeliverable (i.e. a prize winner cannot be contacted) or is returned to the Promoter by 20/07/2015, a random electronic re-draw will be conducted on that date at 12 noon AEST at Warner Bros. Movie World the Draw Location by a representative of the Promoter from all remaining Eligible Entries received in the Promotion, subject to any directions from the relevant state gaming department (Re-Draws).
NOTIFICATION OF RE-DRAW WINNER/S (IF ANY)
- Re-Draw winner/s (if any) will be notified in writing via the email address provided.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries or claims. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, subject to State regulations, including cancelling, terminating, modifying, postponing or suspending the Promotion.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry, claim or draw mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
shall be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Promotion or the acceptance or use of a prize, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- Promoter, the Promoter's related entities and all agencies associated with the Promotion; nor
- the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in paragraph 38(a),
- The prize winners must, at the Promoter's request, participate in any Promotion activity (such as, but not limited to publicity, advertising, filming and photography) relating to the winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material in perpetuity.
- Immediately upon submission by an entrant all entries and claims become the sole property of the Promoter.
- All information entrants provide (Personal Information) will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this Promotion and contacting the winners.
- Should an entrant's Personal Information change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter by contacting the Promoter using the Contact Us form on ThemeParks.com.au
- The Promoter may disclose entrants' Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
- By submitting the Online Entry Form, the entrant consents to their information being entered into a database and being used for the Promoter's current and future promotional activities, including receiving information from Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd and its related entities and their brands, without further reference or compensation to them.
- If an entrant considers that any personal information the Promoter holds about the entrant is inaccurate or if at any time the entrant's details change, the entrant may contact the Promoter at the Privacy Officer, Village Roadshow Theme Parks, Pacific Motorway, Oxenford, Qld 4210, telephone 0755738481, facsimile 0755737358 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Promoter will take reasonable steps to ensure that such personal information is corrected. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.